Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Not What I'd Hoped For

In my August 17, 2009 post Our United States Representative Is Coming I said I'd let you know how the Sam Graves (R-Mo)town hall meeting turned out. Graves started by telling how his office works and that they really want to hear from us when we have concerns. He then spoke on legislation he supports and opposes. When it came time for the Questions and Answers I was ready to ask him where he stood on H.R. 3286 the Alzheimer's Breakthrough Act of 2009. I even had notes to help me remember some of the reasons I support the bill in case he disagreed. As they handed the microphone to the person just ahead of me they announced this will be the last question. All my plans shot down in flames. As we were leaving Graves staffers were offering little cards to fill out to anyone that didn't get to ask a question. I filled one out telling a little about Alzheimer's in Sues family history. Once again I ask where Congressman Graves stands on H.R. 3286. I will keep you updated.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

No comments:

Post a Comment