Friday, August 21, 2009

Today Is Our Twenty Third Wedding Anniversary

Twenty three years ago today in her Brothers backyard in Hemple, Missouri Sue and I made a commitment to stay together through the good times and the bad until death do us part. Our vows did not say until one of you develop Alzheimer's so we will stay and fight this battle together.

Last night I walked into the living room right after midnight and ask Sue, "What anniversary is this?" She looked at the clock and said, "Well yes it is, thank you. Some of my first thoughts were shes getting worse, or maybe she didn't take her medicine. As it turns out she misunderstood what I said, she thought I'd wished her a Happy Anniversary. At that point I did. Maybe my hearing problem is rubbing off on her.

We cooked steaks on the grill and have a quiet evening at home planned.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

1 comment:

  1. Sue couldn't ask for a better anniversary gift, right now anyway. Her best friend just called from Bridgeville, Pennsylvania.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete