Monday, August 17, 2009

Our United States Representative Is Coming

Sam Graves, our United States Representative is coming to Saint Joseph to hold a listening-tour stop on August 24th. I plan on going, I've already RSVP'ed. I hope to find out where he stands on H.R. 3286. This legislation authorizes the necessary resources to restore momentum in the pursuit of better diagnosis, prevention and treatment of Alzheimer's Disease (Continue Reading). When he e-mailed me on the matter Representative Graves was a little vague.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


August 11, 2009





Mr. David Glenn Schantz

525 East Missouri Avenue

Saint Joseph, Missouri 64504



Dear David:



Thank you for contacting me regarding funding for Alzheimer's research. I appreciate hearing from you.

As you may know, the National Institutes of Health is the focal point for federal health research. An agency of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), it supports more than 300,000 scientists and research personnel working at over 3,100 institutions across the U.S. and abroad, as well as to conduct biomedical and behavioral research and research training at its own facilities.

As the House of Representatives begins work on the appropriations bill funding NIH for the coming fiscal year, please know that I will be sure to keep your views and concerns in mind. In the meantime, if you have any further questions regarding this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me or visit my website at www.house.gov/graves.



Sincerely,

Sam Graves
Member of Congress

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I hope to get something better than, "please know that I will be sure to keep your views and concerns in mind." when I urge him to support Alzheimer's research funding in person. I'll let you know how the meeting turns out.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.


Thanks go to:
The St. Joseph News-Press
Alzheimer's Association

No comments:

Post a Comment