Sunday, September 13, 2009

A Little Concerned

When the day first started I was a little concerned about how today was going to go. Sue was looking at some magazines and catalogs that came in yesterdays mail. I mentioned it being about time to take her medicine. She snapped, "I can only do one thing at a time". A few minutes latter I mentioned it again and she thanked me for reminding her.

Later I mentioned a video clip I'd seen. The name Jack Webb didn't mean a thing to her. I seem to remember her saying she liked the TV show Dragnet as a child.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for adding my blog to your blogroll I added yours too. Good luck . http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,

    Thank you and good luck to you too.

    If you don't count the little snap at morning medicine time this has been a real mellow laid back day. As soon as she started watching the video clip she clicked on Jack Webb of Dragnet.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on a roller coaster ride with this Alzheimers mess. One moment might be wonderful, the next not so just cherish those wonderful ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, yes. The rollercoaster. Yet, there is always hope after that good day, a lightening of the spirit where you walk with a bit more pep. Until the hammer comes down the next. Awful cycle. Dreadful disease.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi David, thanks for stopping by to say hello on my blog, it's always good to find other carers. I look forward to following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank all of you for stopping by. You've let us know that we're not on this roller coaster alone. I feel that is very important.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete