Saturday, September 5, 2009

Reminisce Magazine

A post at the Dementia Caregiver's Toolbox reminded me of an annual Christmas gift we get from my Brother-In-Law. A paid subscription to Reminisce Magazine. A magazine about the good old days packed full of interesting articles about and photos of life in the 20's 30's, 40's and 50's. Sue seems to spend more time reading and looking at it now that she has been diagnosed with early-on-set. It does stimulate the memory. One of my favorite parts of each issue is "Name That Car". You see a photo of a car and get some info on it. You are ask to name the make and model of the car. The answer is found on another page. I feel some of you might find a subscription to Reminisce Magazine to be a helpful tool as you care for your loved one.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 comments:

  1. I have a 93-year-old aunt who might love this magazine.

    Only thing is, she's got bad eyesight.

    What's the size of the print used? My aunt has trouble reading the font size in Time Magazine. But the font size doesn't have to be huge for her to read the print.

    Also, does this magazine contain lots of pictures? My aunt LOVES looking at pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AOW,

    The best I can do on telling font size is lower case letters would be about an eight of an inch in height. The magazine does have lots of pictures. Some of the articles/stories and photos are sent in by the magazines readers that want to share a part of their past with others. A friend of ours really gets into crossword puzzles, he says theirs are some of the most challenging he has found.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967
    Here is my contact phone number. +1-913-9518-145 if you would need some advise from me.

    ReplyDelete