Friday, September 18, 2009

Obituaries And Memories

I found a familiar last name in yesterdays obituaries but the first name of the deceased didn't ring a bell. I did find a familiar first name in the list of survivors. I told Sue that I could remember one of the survivors names but I couldn't put a face with it or remember where I knew the name from for sure. She told me we went to high school with him. Neither of us ran around with him, he was just a face in the halls or class rooms (We attended Saint Joseph, Missouri's largest high school). She had a smile on her face when she told me her Alzheimer's lets her remember people we knew, places we went and things we did years ago that I may have forgotten and I can remember the people we talked to yesterday that she has forgotten. When you talk with Sue it is clear that she knows what she is facing a good deal of the time. That smile means a lot to me. It tells me the lady I've loved for years is still here and ready to face the next challenge.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and Sue still can have a nice talk. She sounds like a wonderful women and so lucky to have you.Have a great weekend.
    http://alzheimersandmomblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to watch football. Arkansas is going to beat
    Georgia. I hope . LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel Sue is doing great all things considered. She has her good days and some that are not so good. We've known each other since high school and were friends for at least eighteen years before we got married.

    We don't get into football that much. Now if it was a hockey game we'd both be glued to the TV. We hope to see the St. Louis Blues bring home the Stanley Cup this year. Of course we hope for that every year.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete