Friday, September 25, 2009

Took Sue To The Emergency Room

I'd planned on working three and a half hours today. Since Sue hasn't been feeling well for the last two or three days I figured I might get a phone call. It came at noon, Sue needed me to take her out to the emergency room. She still said it was the Crohn's Disease that was causing the problem. She had me convinced that yesterdays fall was because of a limp she has had every since she broke her leg years ago. She still claimed she had not hit her head when she fell and didn't know why there was swelling around her ear.

When we pulled up to the ER doors a nurse came out to get Sue and take her in while I found a parking spot. By the time I got to the registration desk Sue had started letting the hospital staff know that she'd better not be shown the disrespect she was shown the last time she was there. Not many people like this hospital but its the only one within a forty mile radius. After we made it into the exam room they drew blood and gave her a shot of morphine. After all of her test results came back the doctor said it was not Crohn's Disease that was making her sick, and the swelling around her ear was not caused by hitting her head. Sue has an ear infection. I brought her home. Except for when she was eating shes been asleep every since we got home. They gave her a prescription's for Lortab, Ciprofloxacin and Ciprodex (ear drops).

It has started to rain since I started this post. The sound of rain helps Sue sleep. This could be a blessing.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad she finally went to ER. And getting the meds. will help her alot. I am glad she did not hit her head but those ear infections can be nasty. Go bake some cookies. That makes every thing better.You should of saved some to those brats You made. Leftovers are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue seems to be feeling better already. There is still swelling around her ear. The ear infection could be what caused her to fall.

    I forgot to see if we needed anything for baking before I went to the store. Looks like the grill will get fired up again this evening. Sue wants Lipton Onion burgers. When we grill brats between me and the dogs there are never any left overs. Any time the grill is fired up the dogs sit and stare at it until they get their reward for being good watch dogs.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad Sue is being treated and is feeling better. It's so hard to know what to do when they don't know what is wrong with them. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete