Thursday, September 24, 2009

What A Day

I guess I should have known this was going to be a rough day when Sue woke me at 1:30 AM to ask me if I could hear our dogs barking. Yes I did. I looked out back in the garage and dog run area. There was a strange pickup parked in our drive. I went out to check things out and found the dogs were looking toward our outside basement stairs. There was a twenty some year old woman at the bottom of the stairs. She said she was looking for someone I'd never heard of and took off on foot. I called the police to report a prowler and an apparently abandoned pickup. The officer never found the woman but he did find a meth/crack pipe in the pickup. He had it towed in. I got back to bed around 3:AM and had to get up to officially start my day at 6:30.

Sue got up at around 8:15 AM and went in the rest room. Shes been limping the last few days and says its because of arthritis in a leg she broke years ago, she also has Osteoporosis. She fell on her way out of the restroom. She said she'd be OK. Every since she has complained about not feeling well. She said she needs Morphine and antibiotics. There seems to be some swelling around one ear but it is not discolored. She said no, she did not hit her head when she fell and no(!) she does not want to go out to the ER. "They never do anything anyway and then they send you a bill". I won't argue with her that's the way most folks feel about the only hospital in our area. She wants to wait and see if she can make it until she goes in for a regular check up Monday.

A Saint Joseph Police Department Captain called me this afternoon. He said they think the woman I found at the bottom of my basement stairs is the ex wife of the owner of the pickup that was abandoned in my driveway. They think she was driving when they tried to stop the pickup for speeding earlier.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

2 comments:

  1. Very scary having strangers so close to your home.Thank goodness for dogs. I am glad you are both ok. I hope the doc. will fix Sue up. I don't like going to the ER either.But sometimes we have to go. Mom has spent many of nights in ER. .Thanks for the advice about WIC I will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue says that if anything happens to the dogs we have now that's it no more pets. I'll let her go on believing that, I'll never be with out dogs. Sasha is a nine year old Siberian Husky and Nibbles is a four year old Black Lab/God only knows what mix. Both females. Nothing comes on our property unannounced.

    I did end up taking Sue to the ER. She has an ear infection. She is sleeping right now and I wouldn't think of waking her before time for her medicine.

    It is raining here in Saint Joseph, Missouri and that is a good thing. Sue and I both sleep real well to the sound of rain.

    God Bless America, God Save The Republic.

    ReplyDelete